Position/Title: PIU Project Coordinator
Project/Office: Employment Support Project (ESP) under the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of Population
Project Implementation Unit:
The PIU will be responsible for the procurement, financial management, social and environmental requirements, as well as monitoring and regularly reporting on the implementation of the three components, in compliance with World Bank fiduciary and reporting requirements.
Responsibilities and tasks:
The followings are the responsibilities of the Project Coordinator consultant:
• Managing overall direct project implementation, including coordinating of all PIU staff and consultants;
• Ensure effective project activities planning and implementation in accordance with the project documents, coordinating these with the Bank and relevant donors, state agencies and other stakeholders;
• Organize and manage project activities in accordance with the work plans to achieve planned interim results; monitor, evaluate and report project implementation progress against the Results Framework and Monitoring Indicators;
• Well-timed preparation and submission of Project Reports (Quarterly, Annual, etc.) and any other required progress reports and securing preparation of reports by the Project consultants or participants as required;
• Regularly informing the related staff from the World Bank and Project Coordinator on the progress and the outstanding issues;
• Organize workshops and round tables to present the project outcomes to all stakeholders;
• Present the project in international, regional and national related events; networking and collaboration opportunities development;
• Regular reporting and communication with the World Bank on the project implementation status, including problems and ways to resolve these;
• Monitor targeted and effective use of the loan funds allocated for project implementation in line with Loan Agreement;
• Ensure timely preparation and submission of the financial reports;
• Manage and monitor the project risks;
• Ensure preparation of the Annual Workplan for the following year, as well as Quarterly Plans if required;
• Make required arrangements for and participate in the Bank supervision missions
• Ensure project annual audit is carried out and report as appropriate within 6 months of the end of the financial year.
• Coordinate with other projects related to and supporting the Project
• Liaise and work with MLSPP and other ministries and their divisions to help achieve project objectives;
• Ensure that Contract supervision and monitoring is undertaken by MLSPP, where relevant;
• In association with the annual planning process and working with MLSPP, undertake forward planning, considering project trends and progress, looking for any project change requirements;
• Distribution of duties among PIU staff and short-term project consultants, and –in association with the appropriate MLSPP staff – draft and approve the ToR and technical specifications ensuring quality control are being conducted and timely performance of duties, obtaining approvals as necessary.
Minimum requirements to become an eligible candidate for the position of PIU Project Coordinator:
• A resident of Azerbaijan, ability to communicate freely in Azeri and English languages, and working knowledge level in Russian;
• University degree in economics; social sciences; business management; engineering
• At least 5 years of project management experience;
• Proven experience and technical ability to manage a large project;
• Effective interpersonal, management and negotiation skills are proven through successful interaction with stakeholders, including senior government officials, regional/local authorities, local communities, and NGOs;
• Demonstrated ability in team management;
• Possession of sound Information Technology (IT) skills, in particular experience in using MS Office and preferably Management Information Systems (MIS).
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Selection method set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations.
Applicants should send CV to the following email address:
Application deadline: April 22, 2020
* Please mention the Project and name of the vacancy in the mail subject
* Only short-listed candidates will be contacted